Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So many questions...

For those of you who don't know.... we are gonna have a BABY! Life is crazy and so fun as we try to plan for the future. We are 18 weeks right now (4 1/2 month for those who don't speak pregnant language). So, now the questions start. Well, I've gotten some answered along the way. The big one on my mind tonight, What do I need? I try to look at baby stuff on line and there is just to much stuff. How do you know what to get and what not to get? We have our official ultrasound next week- which will hopefully confirm we are having a boy. Does that help narrow down what we need? I would love some input from you mom's out there. What are the essentials? What are your must haves? I think I will stop there for tonight. I don't want to put to many questions in one post. Thanks for you help. I'll post pictures someday- when I take some. :) I don't even have any of my belly yet. Oppps.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Melissa is telling me:
a boppy, baby bjorn, lansinoh, muslin blankets, a good pump, if you're going to use a bassinet try to borrow one, same goes for a bumbo, but really just remember to buy things as you go. It really is OK. No really, it is.

The boo's: hooter hider (just use a blanket), wipe warmer, cheap diaper bag (you will regret it if you do).

We'll post back if we think of more!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

For me, we couldn't live without:

-Muslin Swaddling blankets, my favorite are these: http://www.bambinoland.com/
-Gum Drop Pacifiers
-Nursing Cover (If your are going to nurse) much easier than a blanket :)
-Medela Pump
-Pack n Play (we bring it everywhere, I bought one that had a bassinet attachment so I didn't have to buy that as well)

Those are probably my must!

Jones' said...

Hey Mari-Beth, Congrats on your exciting news, that's wonderful!!
I just had our 3rd baby 8 weeks ago so I have a fresh list of must haves.
For me I use these things every day with our new baby...
*Boppy
*Burp cloths (lots of these because there is a little spit-up with every feeding)
*Muslin Swaddling blankets (mine are from target)
*Swaddlers diapers by pampers (in the beginning these are the best because babies have really loose stool, but these suckers don't let anything out!)
*Lanolin if you are breastfeeding
*Nursing cover (http://bouncinbaby.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/free-breastfeeding-cover/) For a free one use that link. I LOVE mine! I nurse everywhere with this thing.
*Diaper champ (it can be used with any regular trash bag, although we take most stinky ones straight to the outside garbage now)

That's what I use daily.